I thought a great New Years Resolution would be to add more prayer to your daily life, here are some Simple Ways to Add Prayer to your Busy Life
1) Keep a prayer card next to your bed and say it before bedtime, for example keep a St. Michael prayer next to your bed:
Saint Michael the Archangel,defend us in battle.Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -by the Divine Power of God -cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
2) Put a prayer on the bathroom mirror, try this from St. Benedict Medal, "Begone Satan! Never tempt me with your vanities! What you offer me is evil. Drink the poison yourself!."
3) Keep a scripture passage or prayer on the shower wall, laminate it, "Make a Joyful Noise unto the Lord" Psalm 98:4, this will help your children too. You can change it from time to time so that no one is desensitized to it.
4) In the morning if you do not have time for the Rosary, sit by the side of your bed and take a few seconds to offer your Day to our Lord and Our Blessed Mother. Morning Offering O my Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer Thee all my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day for Thy greater honor and glory, the salvation of my soul, for the intentions of our Holy Father, and for the poor souls in Purgatory.
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace! Amen.
5) Set your home page on your computer to a prayer so that every time you open it you are saying that prayer. You can offer this for all the people that you have said you would pray for. Try this: http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/pentecost/pent11.htm
6) When you hear a siren, from an ambulance, police car, or other rescue vehicle, say a Hail Mary and ask her to protect them all, including the attendants and police. Follow with, 'Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Pray for us."
7) When you pass a grave yard, You can pray this, "May the souls of the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen. " Or "Oh my Jesus save us from the fires of Hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy."
8) When you are doing a task you do not like, offer it as a living prayer for suffering children of the world. This can be something you do at work, at home or perhaps a medical procedure like a mammogram.
9) At 3:00 PM if you do not have time to say the full Divine Chaplet, say "Oh Blood Oh water which gushes forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us all, I trust in You." Then try to say it in full later. Driving in the car is an ideal time to say the Divine Chaplet or the Rosary.
10) At mealtimes after saying the blessing, add a prayer. You can change this up season to season. Perhaps saying the, The Angelus
V- The Angel of the Lord declared unto Mary.R- And she conceived by the Holy Spirit.(Hail Mary....)V- Behold the handmaid of the Lord.R- Be it done unto me according to thy word.(Hail Mary....)V- And the Word was made Flesh.R- And dwelt among us.(Hail Mary....)V- Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God.R- That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.LET US PRAY:Pour forth, we beseech Thee, O Lord, Thy grace into our hearts;that, we to whom the Incarnation of Christ, Thy Son,was made known by the message of an Angel,may by His Passion and Cross,be brought to the glory of His Resurrectionthrough the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
11) Keep Holy Water in your home, near the front door, and before leaving your home, say this "In the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit, Amen."
12) Make small offerings throughout your day as a prayer for aborted babies. For example if you normally have tea with lunch, offer it up and have water.
13) Keep a Saint Card in your purse or wallet and when you have to wait for an appointment pull it out and pray for the special intentions of all you hold dear, for example the St. Jude Prayer,
Most Holy Apostle, St. Jude Thaddeus, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of his enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors you, and I invoke you as the special advocate of those who are in trouble and almost without hope. Help me to realize that through our faith we triumph over lifes difficulties by the power of Jesus who gave his life for us. Come to my assistance that I may receive the consolation and succor of heaven in all my needs, trials, and sufferings, particularly (here make your request) and that I may praise God with you and all the saints forever.