Sunday, March 18, 2007

March 17, 2007

It was 23 years ago today that I was engaged....

I was engaged on March 17, 1984 ... I was only 20! Rick took me to Three Ships Inn, a fancy restaurant and he ordered a bottle of wine ... and they never asked for my ID ... that they kept filling my glass with, at every course. Finally I had to use the bathroom, and when I stood up the room was spinning, and I had to lean on chairs to get to the bathroom. My feet felt like that were made of lead. Aye yi yi, I have no clue how I made it to and from the bathroom, I'm sure it was obvious, because I remember my hands feeling like lead as I grabbed chairs to steady myself to the bathroom.


Later I told Rick he did not have to get me drunk, chances are I would have said yes.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

That is a funny story! One to share with the grandkids someday.