Friday, June 1, 2007

Live and Learn

I recently purchased an Itunes song by Rufus Wainwright. Blah. I purchased going to a town, and learned my lesson to google the lyrics FIRST. This is just yet another waste of talent. A bitter lyricist taking his bitterness out on Jesus Christ and America. Blah. Talents are given from above so it seems that a more careful use of them would be warranted. One of the lyrics "Tell me do you really think you go to hell for having loved?" I can answer that Rufus, NO. Duh. I have never found a passage in the Bible nor a Christian writer that says, one goes to Hell for having Loved. And frankly I dare say that any of the other religions out there carry that philosophy. But perhaps your definition of "LOVE" is something that is offensive to God and therefore you are trying to justify that action by calling it "LOVE." My suggestion is to save your money and spend it on something else like toilet paper.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I know exactly what you mean Judy! That's why I mainly listen to Christian music . . . I don't have to worry about what me or my kids are hearing that way. LOL