Friday, July 13, 2007

Happy Friday the 13th

Hello everyone. We are packing for our vacation today. We will be heading to the mountains. We live near the beach so when we vacation we love have a change of pace.

Let me give a shout-out to Harrison Ford, "Happy Birthday! Hurry up and finish the 4th installment of Indiana Jones!"

I'm about as far away from superstitious as one can get. So I thought that I'd ask those who have a story to share about the good things that have happened on Friday the 13th (any month ... any year)... please share.

Well I'll start, here is a previous post from May 13, 2005! Enjoy!

I found a great site that really teaches both Catholics/non-Catholics about the Saints: Praying to the Saints Explained


Saints and Angels Feast Day: July 13

St. Henry
St. Silas
St. Francis Solano
St. Teresa de los Andes
Bl. Thomas Tunstal
St. Turiaf
St. Serapion
St. Dogfan
St. Henry II
St. Myrope

Check out Today in History: http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/today/jul13.html

2 comments:

Angie said...

Oh, I love Friday the 13th. It's one of my favorite days!!! I don't have anything in particular that happend on Friday the 13th . . . Oh wait. My 14th birthday (I was born on March 13th) was on a Friday the 13th. I went and saw my first concert. I saw Wang Chung at the Air Force Academy. LOL Are they a one-hit-wonder or did they actually have two hits? LOL

Afterwards, my friends and I had a sleepover and ate pizza and watched scary movies (always a favorite of mine until I had kids).

But 13 is a lucky number for me. It's also my favorite number, one I always hope to get on sport uniforms and stuff. When I go to our towns Fiesta later today, I will put my quarters on number 13 for baked-goods thing. I always walk away with at least two deserts each time I go! LOL

Saint Maker said...

Neat story angie, it is a lucky day for you indeed!
Peace,
Judy