Monday, October 1, 2007

Happy Birthday Shiela

My oldest turns 21 today... she is in Jolly Old England ... it also happens to be the feast day of St. Theresa the little flower, which is her confirmation name, Theresa. Happy Birthday Shiela!!!

21 years ago today, I have a funny story about that day. I had been having contractions that day and had a scheduled appointment to see my OB/GYN. I was also overdue by about 2 weeks. My sister Shiela, AKA Auntie Shiela, drove me to my appointment. I appeared to be having a few contractions, but the doctor sent me home to wait it out. Here is the funny part. I was craving Taco Bell, as I did the entire pregnancy. I told my sister that I wanted to have a taco on the way home. So she drove me there and while we were sitting at the drive through I started having an awful contraction... for some reason, perhaps a coping mechanism not taught in lamaze, I started reading everything on the menu... well when I was done with the reading, and the contraction, the voice on the other end of the drive thru says, "let me repeat that order..." and he proceeds to read back the entire menu!!!! We sure got a good laugh out of that.

Well the rest is gory and so forth... but suffice to say, we are honored to have her as our child. She is the oldest grandchild as well and we could not have asked for a better 'leader' ... we love you Shiela!! xxoo Mom

6 comments:

Therese said...

lol. You can tell her that on the day she was born you had the complete works at taco bill's.

Therese said...

oops. I forgot. Happy Birthday Sheila. Your birthday is the same as mine but I am 20 years older than you. I hope you have a great day.

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Sheila!!! I love seeing pictures of your kids. They have grown since I've seen them last. Has it really been that long since I lived in Virginia? It doesn't seem that long ago!!!!

I hope she is enjoying England!!!

Saint Maker said...

Sadly it has been that long... and these pictures are 2 years old! That was her 19th birthday.
Peace,
Judy

Mema said...

Shiela Marie C, our first grandchild, set a high standard for all the grandchildren to follow. She is not just lovely to look at ... she is lovely in every way ... joyous, gentle, supportive, compassionate, patient, sincere, humble ... I could go on and on. We love our precious granddaughter and all who followed her! May Shiela C have a life time of Happy Birthdays! She deserves them! xxx,ooo

Esther said...

Oh sorry I am late with a birthday greeting. I didn't get your blog's update :-(
Happy Birthday!!