Wednesday, November 10, 2004

the visit

Rick brought all the kids to see me at the hospital, I'm recalling this later, but it was truly a pathetic scene. I'm hooked up to all kinds of stuff laying on my back. Rick walks in and lays little 11 month old Julia on my chest, and I can barely put my arms around her and when I do she squeenches up into a tiny ball and silently sobs. I look around and everyone is tearing up. Poor little Julia. She is the one who is affected the most by all of this. I was nursing her just a few days ago and today she is totally weaned and being fed by Daddy with a bottle.


**note: later when I arrived home from hospital, Julia would not let me feed her and she cried for daddy all day long. Poor sweetie, breaks my heart, she just can't count on me. **

No comments: