Monday, March 17, 2008

My St. Patrick's Day Memory...

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Please pray this beautiful prayer with me from the Breastplate of St. Patrick:

“Christ shield me this day: Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ on my right, Christ on my left, Christ when I lie down, Christ when I arise, Christ in the heart of every person who thinks of me, Christ in the eye that sees me, Christ in the ear that hears me”

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Funny true story to share with you ...

It was 24 years ago today that I got drunk, my first and only time,

Oh yeah and I was engaged. tee hee hee

I was engaged on March 17, 1984. Rick took me to Three Ships Inn, a beautiful restaurant, run by a family in an old home that was renovated into a restaurant. He ordered a bottle of wine and they kept filling my glass at every course.

Finally I had to use the bathroom, and when I stood up the room was spinning. I had to lean on chairs to get to the bathroom. My feet felt like that were made of lead.

Aye yi yi,

I have no clue how I made it to and from the bathroom, I'm sure it was obvious, because I remember my hands feeling like lead as I grabbed chairs to steady myself to the bathroom.

Later, I told Rick he did not have to get me drunk, chances are I would have said yes.


Later that same year, Rick decided to become Catholic, and chose St. Patrick as his Confirmation name.


3 comments:

John said...

Thank you for the gagglePUTZ link:)

Also, nice journal entry! (Only time you got drunk??)

John

angiekirsch said...

Very funny!!!! I now have a picture of a drunk Judy in my mind. ROFL

Seriously though, I hate the feeling of being drunk . . . It's why I don't drink any more. It's not fun for me . . . But it is kind of fun to watch other people when they're drunk. LOL

Saint Maker said...

Yes, seeing Judy, aka ME drunk would not be a pretty site. LOL. I don't like to have that lack of control, so I'm sure getting 'drunk' would not be for me. An occasional drink is fine with me.