Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick


“Christ shield me this day: Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ on my right, Christ on my left, Christ when I lie down, Christ when I arise, Christ in the heart of every person who thinks of me, Christ in the eye that sees me, Christ in the ear that hears me” (from “The Breastplate of St. Patrick).

Ever hear of the leprechaun trap? Nor have I. I've heard of a rat trap & a money pit. I think you combine those and you have the leprechaun trap. kidding. I suppose a
candy company came up with this one! Just one more thing for me to remember to do. I'm sounding a bit jaded ... LOL ... OK I love St. Patrick just like the rest of you lasses. When my husband became Catholic and was confirmed, he picked St. Patrick as his patron. Maybe we'll catch some wandering leprechauns next year... someone remind me.

Back to the kitchen where I can finish making the Irish Stew I planned on... sheesh... I could have sworn I had some stew meat in the freezer. That leprechaun trap will come in handy after all. So we are having the very traditional, but little known, Irish Leprechaun Stew... made with you-know-what, tastes just like chicken. Never really found a recipe for that one. So I sort of made it up. A few glasses of Guinness and it will taste Irish to any bloke.

My youngest girls dressed completely in green today all on their own. Julia woke me to get down her Easter dress from last year in the closet. She paired it with a
Christmas velvet green blouse. The she insisted I put pony tails with green bands in her hair. She then found a pair of green summer slip ons that are usually worn with shorts or Capri's. A fashion plate to be sure!

I suppose we'll end the day sitting around the fire place reminiscing about our St.
Patrick's day memories. Of course my engagement story will be retold. My kids never sicken of hearing this story. I do believe I've mentioned it several times on this blog. I'm sure you'll let me know if you sicken of it. Just type the word DRUNK in the search above and you will find the story.


I hope you all had a lovely day.

No comments: